Evidence-Based Teaching & LearningEnrol
Module Start/End Date: March 08, 2023 to May 31, 2023
Enrollment Period: March 08, 2023 to May 15, 2023
Programme Area: Professional Development
Cluster(s): Curriculum Design and Development
Institution: Singapore Polytechnic
Duration: 12 Weeks
Delivery Mode: Self-paced
Enrollment Eligibility: Staff
About this Module
The module identifies and illustrates the principles and practices of evidence-based teaching and learning and how you can use it to enhance your teaching. It contains key content knowledge, interactive activities, and opportunities to share your thoughts through discussions tools with colleagues from the different polytechnics.
By the end of the course, you will be able to:
- Identify the need for Evidence-Based Teaching & Learning.
- Explain the basis and rationale for Evidence-Based Practice.
- Identify the components of Evidence-Based Teaching (EBT).
- Explain what is meant by High Effect Size Methods.
- Explain Hattie's concept of a "Russian Doll" in lesson design.
- Explain what is meant by Cognitive Scientific Principles. (e.g, Core Principles of Learning)
- Analyze how Core Principles of Learning facilitate both teaching and learning.